At launch, my objectif was to make a IRONMAN type helmet made entirely of cardboard, without resin and make it functional.
The idea was to create a modified version of the armor "IRONMAN MKVI". I decided to use the Pepakura Designer software and the IRONMAN MKVI helmet file (.pdo, found on internet). The Pepakura model should serve only as a template to create my own version (a "prototype version"). During the realization of the Pepakura model, i realized that the model was well detailed. So I decided to build my own version using the Pepakura model, with the Pepakura modele. Once assembled the model, i started to incorporate my "cardboard structure" and make a usable model. I wanted a helmet in one piece and I did. I made sure to have an opening system, in order to wear the helmet. The structure is composed of hundreds of pieces. It looks like a sort of "puzzle" (a complex puzzle). When the structure was fully assembled, i could integrate electronics and headset stand. Thereafter, testing it, i joined a ventilation system (to circulate the air in the helmet). To activate the functions (camera, screen, LED, ventilation etc), i directly inspired by the world of "Predator" to design the module to the forearm (The design is really simple). In the end, all works correctly.
We must not forget that this is only a "cardboard prototype". LEDs let you see in the dark. The camera can see in the dark and displayed on the screen in the helmet. Unfortunately, the package containing the final screen, has been slow to arrive. So I had to complete my prototype without him. When I finally got my final screen, the screen doesn't fit in the helmet ... I should have fundamentally change the "Face" to integrate the screen. That is why, i decided not to integrate the screen. Even if the result would have been really nice and 100% fontionnel. The last step was to paint the helmet. I wanted the helmet seem to have lived well. A damaged paint. For designation : MKFR01, MK (Mark), FR for French version and 01 for Model 1 in this category.
For the final look, this is a tactical black armor. With red designation.
For the realization, i used two types of glue : Loctite Super Glue3 & Glue Gel Scotch.
For joints, i used : Plastic pipes & aluminum.
For cardboard, i used different types : Paper, Wood Paper, Canson Paper.
Sandpaper for metal and wood. 200, 400, 600 etc.
For electronic part, all the material for.
For paint, Acrylic paint and car paint.